We've received reports of issues on the following services.Click on "more info" to see additional details.
- Dial Up Internet
- Long Distance
Primus Modem Port ForwardingThe following instructions provide step-by-step instructions on how to configure port-forwarding in the SpeedTouch modems provided with the Primus High-Speed Internet services. The SpeedTouch TG585v7 has been used in this article, however the other modems follow the same procedures. Minor variations may occur from model to model.
- Open a web browser
- Locate your browser's address bar and enter your SpeedTouch modem's IP address (192.168.1.254).
Internet Explorer has been used in the accompanying image.
- Press Enter (or Return) on your keyboard.
- Locate and click on the Toolbox button near the left of the page.
- The Toolbox category will expand.
Locate and click on the Game & Application Sharing link near the left of the page.
- Click the Create a new game or application link near the bottom of the page.
- Enter the name of the program in the Name box.
The Name used isn't important, it's simply there so you know what the entry is for.
- Select the Manual Entry of Port Maps radio button.
- Click the Next button near the bottom of the page.
- Use the Protocol drop down box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the Translate To, Top Port Range and the Bottom Port Range boxes.
- If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the Translate To, Top Port Range box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the Bottom Port Range box. When you are finished.
- click the Add button.
- Then it should look like this.
- Click the Apply button near the top of the page.
- Click the Assign a game or application to a local network device link near the bottom of the page.
- Use the Device box to choose a computer (or device ex: XBox, PS2, PS3 etc) to forward ports to. This box contains a list of computer names that are visible on your network. Select the application you created using the Game or Application drop down box.
- Then click Add to enable it.