We've received reports of issues on the following services.Click on "more info" to see additional details.
- Long Distance
Thomson TG585v7 Internet Setup
This guide will help you configure your modem to access the internet. For assistance with configuring the integrated wireless access point, please see Thomson TG585v7 Wireless Configuration .
- Please ensure that:
- Your modem has been setup in accordance with the Welcome to DSL article
- Your computer is connected tot he modem with and Ethernet cable. This is necessary for the setup of the modem.
- The Broadband LED is solid green
- If the Broadband LED (highlighted above) is blank or flashing, please see the Basic Troubleshooting - No Sync / Intermittent Sync article or contact technical support.
- Using the tip of a pen, a tack or another object of appropriate size and shape, please press and hold the reset pinhole (highlighted in red in the illustration below) until the Power LED on the modem changes from green to red. Release the reset button.
If the service has worked in the past with the same modem, please wait two minutes and then attempt to use the Internet. If it works, you're done, if not, please proceed to step 4.
- Using the computer that's connected directly to the modem, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
- Clear the contents of the address bar and enter 192.168.1.254.
Press Enter or Return on your computer's keyboard.
- In the main body of the page that loads, please locate the Broadband Connection area. Within it, please locate and click on the "Internet" link.
- If your connection states "Connecting" or "Connected" Please click on the Disconnect button (highlighted in red below)
- The signup user name and password should now be displayed. Please clear these values and enter your DSL user name and password in their place.
Ensure that there is a check mark in the box for Remember Password.
Click the "Connect" button in the upper right corner.
- The modem will now attempt to connect to the internet.
- If successful, your connection details will be shown
** IP Address has been obscured for privacy reasons**
If your connection cannot be established, please contact technical support.